Sunday, March 1, 2009

I need a weekend from this weekend

This weekend has been one heck of a weekend. It started on Thursday(that is when you know it's bad), Viewmont high has National qualifying tournament this weekend. Jeff and I are working concessions. So Thursday we were there from 2:00 to 10:00. I took Friday off which was a good thing. We started at noon on Friday and I went home at 10:00. Saturday we had to be there before 7:30AM.

Normally I don't like to judge because these kids are amazing and I feel nervous that I am making the wrong decisions, but they came and got me at 4:00 PM and said they needed me to Judge because I was one of the only ones who hadn't seen or judged the group they needed. So I got done with that and then they needed me again for a final round. I was very nervous because that round would decide who would go back to nationals and who wouldn't. These kids work so hard and so long on their pieces and their public speaking skills that I think they should all go. Being around these kids makes me feel really dumb. They are debating things like should we be concerned about Russia and Venezuela conducting exercise and doing interp pieces on Judy Garland that sound just like her and no child left behind.

If that wasn't enough Chloe' had one hectic weekend also. She was at a very lat night young women's event and came home Saturday morning at 1:00AM. She got up and helped me in the morning and then I took her to work only to find out they didn't need her so she came back to help out. she had a Jobie event at 2pm which she missed because she had to help while I judged and watched a round. She went home and went to help with props for skit competition in a couple of weeks. She finished up her night with a soccer game. Needless to say she came home, ate and went to bed.

I definitely need a weekend from this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment